Monday, February 11, 2013

first full day in Africa

I really slept well last night. I woke up at 3 o'clock this morning ready to go to work. breakfast isn't until 8 o'clock so thought I would update my blog. looking forward to getting tools lined up and getting to work. the drivers in Lusaka are you even worse than in Rapid City plus you're driving on the wrong side of the road here. when we flew into Lusaka we had to circle the airport so they could sweep the birds off the runway that to previous plane had hit. fortunately didn't see any birds when we landed. there are thousands of these homemade will burrows running around lusaka carrying everything from charcoal 2 air compressors fruits and vegetables. public transportation is Volkswagen minivans and they don't move until they have at least 12 people in them. I hope I don't need to use the public transportation here. miss everybody back there already hope that the time goes fast.leeray

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! The transportation seems a little sketchy. I hope your first day went well! It's about 50 in Indiana and snowing in Rapid, so I'm sure the weather there is a change of pace. Have you used interpreters there or do a lot of people speak some english?

    ReplyDelete